We began with a simple pulse oximeter, the year we started. Today, we’re recognized worldwide for our product and technological leadership in pulse oximetry, vital signs monitoring and gas and agent analysis. We’ve also pioneered and patented many medical innovations.
- SEQUEL™ Pulse Oximetry
- Next generation CO2 Module
- Next generation Agent Bench
- 3rd generation Water Trap
- 2nd generation CO2 Module
- DOX™ Digital Pulse Oximetry
- ComfortCuff® Non-Invasive Blood Presure
- VitalView® Telemetry System
- 1st generation CO2 Module
- 1st generation Agent Bench
- 2nd generation Water Trap
- Multi-Site™ Sp02 Sensor
- 1st generation Water Trap
- First OEM agreement signed
- First battery operated pulse oximetry
- CSI Founded
Innovations at Work:
We are the first company to:
- Introduce a low cost, hand held pulse oximeter for spot checks and continuous monitoring of SpO2.
- Lead early development of non-dispersive infrared monitoring technology with the launching of a first-generation High IQ™ anesthetic gas monitor in 1989; CSI patented a far-infrared technique that automatically identifies and quantifies five anesthetic agents.
- Introduced, in 1991, the ComfortCuff® NIBP technology for fast, comfortable non-invasive blood pressure readings measured on inflation.
- Develop DOX™ Digital Oximetry, the first digital pulse oximetry providing higher performance in high motion, low perfusion and ambient noise.
- Design and introduce the world’s first hospital grade ambulatory telemetry monitor which simultaneously transmits real time ECG, NIBP and SpO2 data.
- Design a reliable water separation system, WaterChek™, for monitoring inspired and expired gases in a high humidity environment.
- Offer reusable multi-site and reusable Shell sensors (removable hard cover) which can be fully immersed, allowing for sterilization, and which offer significant cost savings compared to disposables.